SORT automates and reduces complexity by simplifying some of the most time-consuming tasks. The SORT software gathers important environmental information from servers running Veritas Storage Foundation and NetBackup products. SORT supports a wide variety of platforms, including Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, and Windows servers. It helps in risk management by updating system administrators with real-time patch notifications. The data gathered about Veritas Storage Foundation and NetBackup helps to assess risk and generate actionable server error summaries.
SORT offers the following benefits:
- Risk evaluation: Configuration evaluation service for updating environmental parameters. It increases availability, efficiency, and utilization.
- Patch management: Searchable patch repository enables users to download patches and register for notifications related to new patch releases.
- Error code lookup service: The message identification code lookup service provides descriptions and remedies for numerous Symantec error codes.
- Installation and upgrade assessment: Installation and upgrade evaluation service helps to ensure that the server is ready for installing Symantec Enterprise products.
- Product deployment analysis: Evaluation and reporting regarding implemented and used products and licenses.
SORT provides environment-specific recommendations while adhering to best practices.