Symantec Operations Readiness Tools (SORT)
Definition - What does Symantec Operations Readiness Tools (SORT) mean?
SORT was released on March 15, 2011, to support Storage Foundation and NetBackup products.
Techopedia explains Symantec Operations Readiness Tools (SORT)
SORT offers the following benefits:
- Risk evaluation: Configuration evaluation service for updating environmental parameters. It increases availability, efficiency, and utilization.
- Patch management: Searchable patch repository enables users to download patches and register for notifications related to new patch releases.
- Error code lookup service: The message identification code lookup service provides descriptions and remedies for numerous Symantec error codes.
- Installation and upgrade assessment: Installation and upgrade evaluation service helps to ensure that the server is ready for installing Symantec Enterprise products.
- Product deployment analysis: Evaluation and reporting regarding implemented and used products and licenses.