Symantec Operations Readiness Tools (SORT) is a Web-based suite designed to support the Symantec Enterprise line of products, including NetBackup, Veritas Cluster Server (VCS), and Veritas Storage Foundation. SORT allows system administrators to identify potential risks in their data centers while eliminating the complexity typically associated with data center architectures.
SORT was released on March 15, 2011, to support Storage Foundation and NetBackup products.
SORT automates and reduces complexity by simplifying some of the most time-consuming tasks. The SORT software gathers important environmental information from servers running Veritas Storage Foundation and NetBackup products. SORT supports a wide variety of platforms, including Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, and Windows servers. It helps in risk management by updating system administrators with real-time patch notifications. The data gathered about Veritas Storage Foundation and NetBackup helps to assess risk and generate actionable server error summaries.
SORT offers the following benefits:
- Risk evaluation: Configuration evaluation service for updating environmental parameters. It increases availability, efficiency, and utilization.
- Patch management: Searchable patch repository enables users to download patches and register for notifications related to new patch releases.
- Error code lookup service: The message identification code lookup service provides descriptions and remedies for numerous Symantec error codes.
- Installation and upgrade assessment: Installation and upgrade evaluation service helps to ensure that the server is ready for installing Symantec Enterprise products.
- Product deployment analysis: Evaluation and reporting regarding implemented and used products and licenses.
SORT provides environment-specific recommendations while adhering to best practices.