Web of Things (WoT)
Techopedia Explains Web of Things (WoT)Considered a subset of the Internet of Things (IoT), WoT focuses on software standards and frameworks such as REST, HTTP and URIs to create applications and services that combine and interact with a variety of network devices. So, you could think of the Web of Things as everyday objects being able to access Web services. The key point is that this doesn't involve the reinvention of the means of communication beause existing standards are used.
Internet of Things is more often used in the context of radiofrequency identification (RFID) and how physical objects are tied to the Internet and can communicate with each other. Both terms are difficult to define precisely, although they are related in their general theme.
- Can IoT Improve Supply Chain Optimization in Healthcare?
- Job Role: IoT Product Manager
- IoT in 2020: What's Next?
- RaaS and IoT: Delivering Economical and Efficient Solutions to Your Business
- 5 Industries Facing Game-Changing 5G Transformation
- Top 14 AI Use Cases: Artificial Intelligence in Smart Cities