Same Origin Policy (SOP)
Techopedia Explains Same Origin Policy (SOP)Same origin policy is a common feature found in most client scripting languages and their created applications that relyon HTTP cached cookies for user authentication, access control and other security related tasks. Same origin policy is designed to ensure that separate website scripts and applications do not interfere with the access control credentials of other websites.
The origin in this policy relates to the evaluation of top level domain name, application protocol, port number, and some browser specific considerations. It is generally applicable to all the websites, scripts, applications services, etc that require the browser to maintain user sessions.
Single Origin Policy
- MLOps: The Key to Success in Enterprise AI
- Is it Time for Your Business to Accept Bitcoin?
- Parachains and the Internet of Blockchains
- Encrypted Messenger Apps: Are Any Actually Safe?
- Will Robots Take Your Job? It Depends
- Why Is There Still a Gender Gap in Tech?