Techopedia Explains Biometric SystemThe specific nature of today’s biometric systems is associated with a specific use of the term "biometrics." In general, biometrics is any use of biological data in technology. Biometric systems focusing exclusively on the identification of humans have become the major kind of biometric system in today’s IT world.
Governments, businesses and organizations can use biometric systems to get more information about individuals or about a populace as a whole. Many biometric systems are developed for security applications. An airport scanning device, a "bio-password" system, or an internal data gathering protocol is an example of a biometric system that uses identifying data for a security result.
- Understanding Biometric Security: The Growing Threats and How to Beat Them
- The Future of Sentiment Analysis: A New Twist to the Imitation Game
- Biometrics: New Advances Worth Paying Attention To
- Biometrics: Moving Forward with Password-Free Security
- Encryption Vs. Law Enforcement (And How It Affects Your Privacy Rights)
- 5 Technologies Changing Healthcare in 2022