Techopedia Explains Biometric DataBiometric data is widely used in systems that attempt to identify a specific user or other human through unique characteristics. Computer image processing is one form of biometric analysis that uses biometric data. Digital fingerprint analysis also relies on the use of biometric data for identification purposes.
In most biometric analysis systems, there is demand for a large amount of biometric data. This data must be stored and somehow secured from unauthorized access. These systems rely on complex algorithms that sort data in ways that will achieve an identifying result in a given application. Developers use key features that are unique from one person to another in order to make biometric identification effective.
- Hot Technologies of 2012: Analytic Platforms
- Can Big Data Save Health Care?
- Web Roundup: Big Data Is Winning the Hearts of Children, Lovers and Lawyers
- What Is Hadoop Exactly? A Cynic's Theory
- Biometrics: New Advances Worth Paying Attention To
- 5 Technologies Changing Healthcare in 2022