Techopedia Explains License ManagerA major issue among software vendors and end-user organizations is piracy, due to the lack of control over authorized software users, as well as the proliferation of non-genuine programs. Thus, a license manager, greatly reduces such instances because the monitoring is duly assigned to software vendors and other authorized personnel. License managers are based on different models, including but not limited to floating licensing, product activation, trials and subscriptions. Examples of license managers are Open IT, Software Protector and IBM LUM.
Software License Manager
- Company Apps: The Next Frontier of Office Software?
- 8 Ways to Become an IT Leader
- An Introduction to Application Software
- Job Role: IoT Product Manager
- Are You an IT Thought Leader? Write for Techopedia!
- Tech Career Pivot: Where the Jobs Are (and Aren’t)