Definition - What does Software Stack mean?
Techopedia explains Software Stack
- They provide predefined solutions to problems and at times are the best solutions.
- They provide the minimum software needed to achieve the intended goals.
- Software stacks can be installed on individual systems or added to computer templates for automatic installation.
- Software stack installation and functioning is the same for the same configurable systems. As such, the solutions provided are also consistent.
- Most of the software stacks come with support for the entire package. Some also have community forums.