Definition - What does Software Stack mean?
Techopedia explains Software Stack
- They provide predefined solutions to problems and at times are the best solutions.
- They provide the minimum software needed to achieve the intended goals.
- Software stacks can be installed on individual systems or added to computer templates for automatic installation.
- Software stack installation and functioning is the same for the same configurable systems. As such, the solutions provided are also consistent.
- Most of the software stacks come with support for the entire package. Some also have community forums.
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
The 4th Era of IT Infrastructure: Superconverged Systems:
Approaches and Benefits of Network Virtualization:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: