Definition - What does DVD+R mean?
Techopedia explains DVD+R
According to the DVD Alliance, which is composed of companies like Microsoft, Sony, Yamaha, Dell, Phillips and many others, the use of the DVD+R/+RW format has its advantages compared to the typical DVD-R/-RW:
- It is compatible with other DVD players and provides extra recording features.
- The format has the capability to record data partly on a computer and partly on a television.
- It has an improved ability to edit file names
- It can eject instantly without waiting for final formatting.
- It can do background formatting.