Definition - What does Eucalyptus mean?
Eucalyptus provides a platform for a single interface so that users can calculate the resources available in private clouds and the resources available externally in public cloud services. It is designed with extensible and modular architecture for Web services. It also implements the industry standard Amazon Web Services (AWS) API. This helps it to export a large number of APIs for users via different tools.
Techopedia explains Eucalyptus
Eucalyptus has the following key features:
- Support for multiple users with the help of a single cloud
- Support for Linux and Windows virtual machines
- Accounting reports
- Use of WS-Security to ensure secure communication between internal resources and processes
- The option to configure policies and service level agreements based on users and the environment
- Provisions for group, user management and security groups
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
The 4th Era of IT Infrastructure: Superconverged Systems:
Approaches and Benefits of Network Virtualization:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: