Definition - What does Asus Eee mean?
ASUS Eee is a brand for a family of computer products made by ASUSTeK Computer Incorporated. The first product in the brand is the Eee PC netbook which was released in 2007. Since that time, the brand has grown into a handful of models and also branched out into other form factors aside from the netbook space. The three E’s in the brand name is an abbreviation of its advertising slogan: “Easy to learn, Easy to work, Easy to play”.
Techopedia explains Asus Eee
ASUS’s Eee branding is now found across many form factors ranging from netbooks to media servers and even gaming peripheral. As of 2011, here are the known segments for the Eee brand:
- Eee PC – is the branding for the subnotebook/netbook category. At its introduction in 2007, its most notable features were its use of a combination of light-weight and low power materials, a solid-state drive and a Linux-based OS, and provided this at a low cost.
- EeeBox PC – this is the desktop equivalent of a netbook; an underpowered, low cost and low footprint desktop machine. Its main purpose is for surfing the internet and running low-resource requiring productivity software like Microsoft Office.
- Eee Top – Eee Top is a family of All-in-one (AIO) touch screen desktop computers, which means that all the components of the computer is all contained in a single casing including the screen. The first model was released in November of 2008
- Eee Keyboard – this is a whole computer contained within a keyboard. It has a touchscreen in place of the num pad. You only needed to connect a monitor to start using it. It was released in May of 2010.
- Eee Stick – this is a gaming accessory bundled with some models of the EeeBox PC and Eee PC which also comes with built-in games that will take advantage of this hardware.
- Eee Pad – this is the company’s answer to the growing market for tablets. This category has a lot of subcategories which includes media-centric pads and a full featured slate. The Eee Pad Transformer carries to ever so famous Android OS while the Eee Slate EP121 is a full featured Windows device with a beautiful screen and near perfect touch sensitivity. The slate also comes with a very handy stylus perfect for graphics designers and students.
Malicious Software: Worms, Trojans and Bots, Oh My!
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
The 4th Era of IT Infrastructure: Superconverged Systems:
Approaches and Benefits of Network Virtualization:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: