Windows Live Office
Definition - What does Windows Live Office mean?
In 2011, Windows Live Office was discontinued and replaced by Windows Live Skydrive and Office 365.
Techopedia explains Windows Live Office
Office Live Workspace:
- Online Storage Space: All file formats were supported and users were permitted 5 GB of space.
- Sharing of Documents: Password protected workspaces allowed users to set the security and authorization for different documents and spaces.
- File and Software Compatibility: Office live workspace worked with all Microsoft office products, such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint, as well as other file types such as PDF.
- Web Design Tools: Provided free online tools and template, as well as free website hosting and 500 MB of storage space. There was a provision to purchase additional storage space if needed.
- Contact and Document Manager: The contact manager feature helped organize customer information and sharing. Document Manager provided the online repository for facilitating online sharing.
- Team Workspace: Allowed for the posting and sharing of information among the different customers, users and partners