Techopedia Explains Merit Network
Merit Network was created in 1966 to research resource sharing between Michigan's public research universities. Merit got involved with national networking activities in the mid-1980s, when it connected to national supercomputing centers and contributed to the NSFNet, including re-engineering NSFNet's backbone service.
- 10G Broadband is Coming: Here's What You Need to Know
- Network Virtualization: The Future of the OSI Model
- Considering a VPN? Make the Right Choice for Your Needs
- LAN WAN PAN MAN: Staying Connected While Working Remotely
- Insider Threat Awareness: Avoiding Internal Security Breaches
- 3 Amazing Examples of Artificial Intelligence in Action