Joseph Carl Robnett Licklider
Techopedia Explains Joseph Carl Robnett LickliderLicklider’s 1960 paper, “Man-Computer Symbiosis,” discussed the future relationship of people and computers. In the future he foresaw, computers would bring raw processing power and humans would guide them from task to task.
In 1962, Licklider wrote further on the need for what was then referred to as a galactic network. After taking up the directorship of Advanced Research Projects Agency (APRA), Licklider set Larry Roberts upon the path of creating the Internet and also funded Douglas Engelbart’s groundbreaking Augmentation Research Center (ARC) at Stanford Research Institute.
- A Timeline of the Development of the Internet and World Wide Web
- Another Look at Man-Computer Symbiosis
- Comply and Protect: The Data Security Rulebook
- Experts Share 5 AI Predictions for 2023
- Artificial Intelligence: Debunking the Top 10 AI Myths
- WooCommerce vs. Magento: Best Ecommerce Platform in 2023