Business Relationship Manager (BRM)
Definition - What does Business Relationship Manager (BRM) mean?
A business relationship manager (BRM) is the IT liaison for each department in an organization. A BRM understands all business processes and provides technology guidance to ensure maximum return on investment (ROI) for IT business strategy requirements. A key BRM role is reducing business and IT barriers.
Techopedia explains Business Relationship Manager (BRM)
BRM responsibilities include:
- Aligns different business and IT strategies for enhanced productivity
- Defines key strategies for the IT delivery model of an organization
- Works to communicate and understand concerns related to IT alignment across departments
- Works with architects to understand new technology trends and forecast future IT infrastructure requirements
- Works with project managers to provide business, project and IT improvement data to stakeholders
- Works with financial leadership on annual IT budgets and forecasts
- Helps evaluate IT project objectives and analyzes new business initiatives