Customer Data Management (CDM)
Definition - What does Customer Data Management (CDM) mean?
Customer Data Management (CDM) is a solution mechanism in which an organization's customer data is collected, managed and analyzed. CDM is geared toward resolving customer requirements and issues while enhancing customer retention and satisfaction, allowing an organization to convert customer data into Customer Intelligence (CI).
Techopedia explains Customer Data Management (CDM)
With CDM, one or more software applications are integrated to facilitate access to reliable and efficient customer data. Attracting and retaining customers requires a clear understanding of customer requirements. CDM streamlines customer relationship management (CRM), marketing and customer feedback management (CFM).
CDM must be tightly integrated across the departments of an organization, including IT, sales and HR. CDM processes include:
- Categorization: Customer data is classified and subclassified.
- Correction: Collected data is verified for accuracy and consistency. When necessary, contact details are updated, and duplicate records are removed.
- Enrichment: Incomplete data is collected and completed.
- Collection: Customer data and insight activity is collected via a customer feedback system or sources, like sales, customer support, surveys, reports, newsletters and other customer interactions.
- Organization: Customer data is organized and shared throughout an organization.
- Customer Data Integration (CDI)
- Customer Data Platform (CDP)
- Customer Analytics
- Customer Intelligence (CI)
- Customer Feedback Management (CFM)
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Customer Experience Management (CEM)
- Customer Support
- Customer Relationship Analysis (CRA)
- Customer Relationship Management Analytics (CRM Analytics)
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
The 4th Era of IT Infrastructure: Superconverged Systems:
Approaches and Benefits of Network Virtualization:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: