Techopedia Explains Intelligent AgentAn intelligent agent is primarily used to complement data retrieval tasks, which are traditionally performed manually by humans. Typically, an intelligent agent executes automatically on scheduled time or when manually initiated by the user. It then searches the entire Internet or on user-defined websites to work on the primary search query/request. When a relevancy or match is found, the intelligent agent copies, extracts or lists that data. The collected data is then presented in a raw or report-based format to the user. Some advanced-level intelligent agent utilities use artificial intelligence based data inference matching and retrieval techniques, which allows them to collect higher quality and more relevant data. Popular forms of intelligent agents include shopping agents/bots, news feed/alert agents and Web crawlers.
- Job Role: Business Intelligence Analyst
- How to Recognize Machine Learning (And How Data Science Stands Apart)
- Machine Learning: 4 Business Adoption Roadblocks
- Artificial Intelligence: Debunking the Top 10 AI Myths
- AI in Healthcare: Identifying Risks & Saving Money
- Women in AI: Reinforcing Sexism and Stereotypes with Tech