Secure Digital Card (SD Card)
Techopedia Explains Secure Digital Card (SD Card)SD cards come in three compatible sizes, as follows:
- MicroSD (15 mm × 11 mm)
- MiniSD (21.5 mm × 20 mm)
- SD (32 mm × 24 mm)
A key SD card feature is that it may be transferred between compatible devices. For example, vacation photos may be transferred from a digital camera to a PC. After inserting the camera's micro-SD card into the PC's corresponding slot or adapter, the PC recognizes the card as a new drive.
The SD format is governed by the SD Association - a global consortium of manufacturers.
SD Card, Secure Digital Memory Cards
- How IoT Can Make Your Home Safer and More Secure
- QUIZ: How Well Are You Managing the Apps in Your SaaS Environment?
- 5 Tips for Developers Navigating a Rapidly Changing Industry
- SaaS Security: Pitfalls IT Often Overlooks
- 6 Top Tech Certifications to Fit Your Every Need
- The IOT Technologies Making Industry 4.0 Real