Secure Digital Card (SD Card)
Techopedia Explains Secure Digital Card (SD Card)SD cards come in three compatible sizes, as follows:
- MicroSD (15 mm × 11 mm)
- MiniSD (21.5 mm × 20 mm)
- SD (32 mm × 24 mm)
A key SD card feature is that it may be transferred between compatible devices. For example, vacation photos may be transferred from a digital camera to a PC. After inserting the camera's micro-SD card into the PC's corresponding slot or adapter, the PC recognizes the card as a new drive.
The SD format is governed by the SD Association - a global consortium of manufacturers.
SD Card, Secure Digital Memory Cards
- How IoT Can Make Your Home Safer and More Secure
- How AI and Bots Could Improve Vaccine Delivery and Healthcare Efficacy
- How Artificial Intelligence Will Revolutionize the Sales Industry
- What Hyperautomation Can Achieve
- The Pros and Cons of Intranets
- Coding: The Key to Getting More Women into Tech