Secure Digital Card (SD Card)
Techopedia Explains Secure Digital Card (SD Card)SD cards come in three compatible sizes, as follows:
- MicroSD (15 mm × 11 mm)
- MiniSD (21.5 mm × 20 mm)
- SD (32 mm × 24 mm)
A key SD card feature is that it may be transferred between compatible devices. For example, vacation photos may be transferred from a digital camera to a PC. After inserting the camera's micro-SD card into the PC's corresponding slot or adapter, the PC recognizes the card as a new drive.
The SD format is governed by the SD Association - a global consortium of manufacturers.
SD Card, Secure Digital Memory Cards
- How IoT Can Make Your Home Safer and More Secure
- Multimodal Learning: A New Frontier in Artificial Intelligence
- Uncovering Security Breaches
- 10 Big Data Do's and Don'ts
- Can the Blockchain Be Hacked?
- What Is an Air Gap Backup and Why Do You Need One?