Techopedia Explains Semantic RepositorySemantic repositories integrate the characteristics of inference engines and DBMS, and they function much like Web servers. Therefore, they can store, understand and serve requests from numerous users to substantial volumes of data.
Some of the major characteristics of semantic repositories are as follows:
- Simple incorporation of numerous data sources
- Simple and quick querying against diverse or rich data schemata
- Significant analytical power that uncovers facts determined by interlinking long-chain evidences
- Highly effective data interoperability
Semantic repositories can be used to fulfill various goals, such as:
- Managing significant volumes of data
- Accelerating loading, indexing and modification of data
- Enabling quicker query analysis, or faster management of a single complex query
- Enabling improved management of massive user volume and concurrent query loads
- Enabling failover
- Is it Time for Your Business to Accept Bitcoin?
- Parachains and the Internet of Blockchains
- Encrypted Messenger Apps: Are Any Actually Safe?
- Will Robots Take Your Job? It Depends
- Why Is There Still a Gender Gap in Tech?
- 5 Ways to Support Women in Your Tech Company