Techopedia Explains MnemonicIn computer programming, routine programming functions are assigned a mnemonic that is shorter in length but provides the same functionality as the original function.
In assembly language, mnemonics are used to specify an opcode that represents a complete and operational machine language instruction. This is later translated by the assembler to generate the object code. For example, the mnemonic MOV is used in assembly language for copying and moving data between registers and memory locations.
- Unicode 101
- Computer Programming: From Machine Language to Artificial Intelligence
- Experts Share 5 AI Predictions for 2023
- Artificial Intelligence: Debunking the Top 10 AI Myths
- WooCommerce vs. Magento: Best Ecommerce Platform in 2023
- The Ultimate Guide to Applying AI in Business