Techopedia Explains CPU UtilizationCPU utilization may be used to gauge system performance. For example, a heavy load with only a few running programs may indicate insufficient CPU power support, or running programs hidden by the system monitor - a high indicator of viruses and/or malware.
CPU utilization should not be confused with CPU load.
- Mainframes Aren't Dead
- 3 Big Headaches for Virtualization Software Users
- Network Virtualization: The Future of the OSI Model
- Uncle Sam in the Cloud? Federal Trends in Cloud Use
- The Transaction Processing System in 2022: A Blockchain World
- 10 Ways to Prepare Your Business IT For a Natural Disaster