Resilient File System (ReFS)
Techopedia Explains Resilient File System (ReFS)The design objective of ReFS for Windows 8 Server is to guarantee data integrity via resiliency to corruption, regardless of software or hardware failures. The following are key ReFS features: Increased resiliency against data and disk corruption Reliable on-disk structures and file integrity streams Prevention of disk rotting via disk scrubbing ReFS also incorporates popular features from the NTFS codebase, including symbolic links, reparse points, BitLocker, security mechanisms and volume snapshots. Certain NTFS features (named stream, quotas, object IDs, compression) are not included in ReFS.
- 10 Things You Need to Know About Windows 8
- How to Get Windows 10 Features in Windows 8.1
- How AI Can Help Tackle Climate Change
- MLOps: The Key to Success in Enterprise AI
- Is it Time for Your Business to Accept Bitcoin?
- Parachains and the Internet of Blockchains