Information Technology Supervisor (IT Supervisor)
Techopedia Explains Information Technology Supervisor (IT Supervisor)Information technology supervisors are expected to have a degree associated with information technology.
An IT supervisor's key duties include:
- Selecting staff and providing work assignments
- Directing the work of information technology personnel, setting priorities and coordinating their activities
- Evaluating and verifying employee performances through performance evaluation techniques
- Identifying and ensuring staff development programs
- Determining system reload and backup procedures for database and critical applications
- Preparing different reports when and wherever required
- Monitoring and maintaining mainframe systems
- Coordinating local and remote network equipment testing
- Equipment repair, repair for remedy failures, cable replacement and repair, replacement of information technology components
- Preparing and installing network software
- Diagnosing and resolving problems with malfunctioning components
- Maintaining data communication networks
- Gen X and Gen Y: The Age-Class Warfare That Wasn't
- How to Become an IT Director: Tips from the Top
- 10 Reasons It Doesn't Pay To Be The Computer Guy
- 5 Tips for Getting Into Information Systems Management
- IT Career Shift: Is College the Only Answer?
- Encrypted Messenger Apps: Are Any Actually Safe?