Explicit Enhancement Point
Techopedia Explains Explicit Enhancement PointExplicit enhancement points and explicit enhancement sections are the two options available for explicit enhancements from enterprise core component version onwards. Unlike the explicit enhancement section, which activates customer code and deactivates the standard ABAP code if implemented, explicit enhancement points act like business add-ins or user-exits by providing additional space for code along with standard code.
Unlike implicit enhancement points, which are provided at predefined points within ABAP code, explicit enhancement points are provided by SAP at different areas for different objects. The position of enhancement points in an ABAP programs is marked and has a general look and attributes:
ENHANCEMENT-POINT <name> SPOTS <spot1> [<spot2>] [STATIC/DYNAMIC] ...
Explicit enhancement points can be enhanced using the same enhancement techniques as in implicit enhancements and explicit enhancement sections.
- 11 Essential Steps for Implementing SaaS
- How Technology Is Helping Companies Achieve Their DEI Goals in 2022
- Destroying Silos With Integrated Data Analytics Platforms
- Data Center Transition Operations Plan: A Precision Critical Strategy
- IoT Security Challenges: Why Enterprise Must Assess Them Now
- The Pros And Cons of The Hybrid Workforce