Explicit Enhancement Point
Techopedia Explains Explicit Enhancement PointExplicit enhancement points and explicit enhancement sections are the two options available for explicit enhancements from enterprise core component version onwards. Unlike the explicit enhancement section, which activates customer code and deactivates the standard ABAP code if implemented, explicit enhancement points act like business add-ins or user-exits by providing additional space for code along with standard code.
Unlike implicit enhancement points, which are provided at predefined points within ABAP code, explicit enhancement points are provided by SAP at different areas for different objects. The position of enhancement points in an ABAP programs is marked and has a general look and attributes:
ENHANCEMENT-POINT <name> SPOTS <spot1> [<spot2>] [STATIC/DYNAMIC] ...
Explicit enhancement points can be enhanced using the same enhancement techniques as in implicit enhancements and explicit enhancement sections.
- Insider Threat Awareness: Avoiding Internal Security Breaches
- 3 Amazing Examples of Artificial Intelligence in Action
- Will Computers Be Able to Imitate the Human Brain?
- What is Data-Centric AI and Why Do We Need It?
- How to Protect Critical Infrastructure From Cyber Attack
- Business Email Compromise (BEC) Attacks Explained: Are You at Risk?