DoD Directive 8570 (DoDD 8570)
Techopedia explains DoD Directive 8570 (DoDD 8570)DoDD 8570 provides procedures and guidelines for the training, certification and management of all DoD employees with IA roles, as well as reporting metrics. The Directive only affects personnel or agencies with privileged access to DoD information systems.
DoDD 8570 requirements are as follows:
- Certification of all personnel handling Information Assurance Management (IAM) and Information Assurance Technical (IAT) duties by the end of 2010.
- Certification of all personnel handling Computer Network Defense Service Provider (CND-SP) and Information Assurance System Architect and Engineer (IASAE) duties by the end of 2011.
- Categorization of all IA positions as Technical Level (I, II, III) or Management. Personnel must be certified to qualify.
Department of Defense Directive 8570
Survey: Why Is There Still a Gender Gap in Tech?
Do you work in the tech industry? Help us learn more about why the gender gap still exists in tech by taking this quick survey! Survey respondents will also be entered to win a $100 Amazon Gift Card!
- Security Certifications from CompTIA
- Machine Learning Vs. Cybercrime: 4 Ways ML is Fighting Back
- Data Breach Notification: The Legal and Regulatory Environment
- Artificial Intelligence in Cybersecurity
- The Differences Between the Top 3 Cryptocurrencies
- Hacking Cryptocurrencies
- DOD Information Technology Security Certification and Accreditation Process
- DOD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process
- Certified Ethical Hacker
- Cyber Range
- Penetration Testing
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency
- Computer Network Defense
- Ethical Hacker
- NERC CIP