Techopedia explains Internal TableFor an internal table, the minimum size is 256 bytes. Similar to most variable declarations in ABAP, the internal tables are declared with the help of the DATA statement. The syntax for an internal table is: DATA <itab> TYPE|LIKE <tabkind> OF <linetype> WITH <key> One can also declare static internal tables using the STATIC statement. Data statement can be used to construct new or program-based internal tables along with the addition of TYPE or LIKE for existing objects and types. The table types for internal tables are declared based on the operations to be performed. The most commonly used types include: Standard Table Type: Used in case individual records are accessed using the records index. Hashed Table Type: Used if the main operation performed is key access. Sorted Table Type: Used if the table is to be sorted as the data is stored.
Survey: Why Is There Still a Gender Gap in Tech?
Do you work in the tech industry? Help us learn more about why the gender gap still exists in tech by taking this quick survey! Survey respondents will also be entered to win a $100 Amazon Gift Card!
- What It Takes to Build a Career in SAP as a Technical Consultant
- Computer Programming for the People?
- Web Roundup: Awesome Angles on IoT
- INFOGRAPHIC: The History of Programming Languages
- Data Breach Notification: The Legal and Regulatory Environment
- Artificial Intelligence in Cybersecurity