Definition - What does Infotype mean?
An infotype is an information unit used to maintain master data related to SAP human resource management systems (HRMS). An infotypes contains a four-digit code with a related name and is capable of maintaining employee data. In SAP, infotypes are capable of handling human resource (HR) information, which is often time-sensitive.
Infotypes allow users to conveniently maintain and retrieve HR information, while providing the consistency check required for a HRMS by auto-checking entries with preset values and conditions.
Techopedia explains Infotype
The following are infotype characteristics:
- Comprehensive structure to cover all HR information attributes. The structure also may be enhanced to suit different customers, based on requirements.
- Time-dependent data storage
- Data entry classification
- Access authorization, which may be defined at the infotype level
Some infotypes may be further categorized to different groups known as subtypes, which are based on themes.
- Human Resources Management System (HRMS)
- Advanced Business Application Programming (ABAP)
- Advanced Business Application Programming Workbench (ABAP Workbench)
- Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
- Human Resources Analytics (HR Analytics)
- Management Information System (MIS)
- Information System (IS)
- Enterprise Resource Planning System (ERP System)
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Vendor Management System (VMS)
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
The 4th Era of IT Infrastructure: Superconverged Systems:
Approaches and Benefits of Network Virtualization:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: