Techopedia Explains BatmanningBatmanning appears to have emerged in September 2011, when the UK's Daily Mail reported that the craze was started by students at Purdue University who had been filming themselves in the position since 2008. The students promoted their videos to the online community in 2011, leading to a major spike in online interest. The fad saw a resurgence in August 2012 when it was promoted by Perez Hilton.
Batmanning is similar to a smaller craze called batting, but this older fad appears to differ in that participants hang from their legs, rather than their feet.
- A Beginner's Guide to Internet Memes
- AI in the Enterprise: 3 Key Application Areas
- 5 Ways AI is Changing Art
- AI's Got Some Explaining to Do
- Comply and Protect: The Data Security Rulebook
- Experts Share 5 AI Predictions for 2023