Techopedia Explains Apple PickingAccording to a report by the police department in New York City, theft of Apple devices rose by 40 percent between January 1st and September 23rd 2012 compared to the same period the previous year. That compares with just a four percent rise in major crimes such as murder, rape and robbery. Numerous reports have also indicated that apple picking is common in subways, where thieves snatch devices and exit the train as it's departing.
- Creating The iWorld: A History of Apple
- INFOGRAPHIC: What Does Your Smartphone Say About You?
- Mobile OS Wars: Samsung Introduces Tizen
- Money Laundering, the Internet Way
- The Truth About Cybersecurity
- Massive Data Breaches: The Truth You Might Not Know About