Techopedia Explains Phablet
The phablet term originated on popular tech blogs like Engadget and TechCrunch. Phablets vary in size and appearance but are generally smaller than standard seven- to 10-inch tablets, with an ideal size of approximately five inches. Thus, the size of a phablet is between that of a tablet and smartphone.
In October 2011, LG Electronics Inc. filed a U.S. federal trademark registration for the term phablet.
- Ultrabooks: Hardware Pop Star or Has Been?
- Tablet PCs: Why Don't More Manufacturers Get It Right?
- IPad 101
- 9 Cool Ways Companies Are Using the iPad
- The Device You Don't Think About: Security Tips for Tablet PCs
- Mobile OS Wars: Samsung Introduces Tizen