Techopedia Explains Data StewardA data steward is a broad job role that incorporates processes, policies, guidelines and responsibilities for administering organizations' entire data in compliance with business and/or regulatory obligations. A data steward’s responsibility stems from an understanding of the business domain and the interaction of business processes with data entities/elements. A data steward ensures that there are documented procedures and guidelines for data access and use. Data stewards works with data custodians, database/warehouse administrators and other related staff to plan and execute an enterprise-wide data governance, control and compliance policy.
Data Stewardship, Data Stewarding
- The 6 Things You Need to Get World-Changing Results with Data
- 4 New Technologies Making Waves in the E-commerce Sector
- What AI Can Do for the Enterprise
- RDS and Trust Aware Process Mining: Keys to Trustworthy AI?
- Data Breach Notification: The Legal and Regulatory Environment
- 8 Ways to Avoid Death by PowerPoint: How to Make A Slide Deck Shine