Techopedia Explains Data StewardA data steward is a broad job role that incorporates processes, policies, guidelines and responsibilities for administering organizations' entire data in compliance with business and/or regulatory obligations. A data steward’s responsibility stems from an understanding of the business domain and the interaction of business processes with data entities/elements. A data steward ensures that there are documented procedures and guidelines for data access and use. Data stewards works with data custodians, database/warehouse administrators and other related staff to plan and execute an enterprise-wide data governance, control and compliance policy.
Data Stewardship, Data Stewarding
- The 6 Things You Need to Get World-Changing Results with Data
- 5 Tips for Developers Navigating a Rapidly Changing Industry
- SaaS Security: Pitfalls IT Often Overlooks
- 6 Top Tech Certifications to Fit Your Every Need
- The IOT Technologies Making Industry 4.0 Real
- Post-Pandemic Life in the Tech World Looks Pretty Good