Techopedia explains Data StewardA data steward is a broad job role that incorporates processes, policies, guidelines and responsibilities for administering organizations' entire data in compliance with business and/or regulatory obligations. A data steward’s responsibility stems from an understanding of the business domain and the interaction of business processes with data entities/elements. A data steward ensures that there are documented procedures and guidelines for data access and use. Data stewards works with data custodians, database/warehouse administrators and other related staff to plan and execute an enterprise-wide data governance, control and compliance policy.
Data Stewardship, Data Stewarding
Survey: Why Is There Still a Gender Gap in Tech?
Do you work in the tech industry? Help us learn more about why the gender gap still exists in tech by taking this quick survey! Survey respondents will also be entered to win a $100 Amazon Gift Card!
- The 6 Things You Need to Get World-Changing Results with Data
- Data Breach Notification: The Legal and Regulatory Environment
- Artificial Intelligence in Cybersecurity
- The Differences Between the Top 3 Cryptocurrencies
- Hacking Cryptocurrencies
- An Introduction to Blockchain Technology