Techopedia Explains Data StewardA data steward is a broad job role that incorporates processes, policies, guidelines and responsibilities for administering organizations' entire data in compliance with business and/or regulatory obligations. A data steward’s responsibility stems from an understanding of the business domain and the interaction of business processes with data entities/elements. A data steward ensures that there are documented procedures and guidelines for data access and use. Data stewards works with data custodians, database/warehouse administrators and other related staff to plan and execute an enterprise-wide data governance, control and compliance policy.
Data Stewardship, Data Stewarding
- The 6 Things You Need to Get World-Changing Results with Data
- Multimodal Learning: A New Frontier in Artificial Intelligence
- Uncovering Security Breaches
- 10 Big Data Do's and Don'ts
- Can the Blockchain Be Hacked?
- What Is an Air Gap Backup and Why Do You Need One?