Managed Cloud Hosting
Definition - What does Managed Cloud Hosting mean?
In managed cloud hosting, servers are purchased in slices or as a virtual server. However, before considering costs, the key focus of managed cloud hosting is on security and consistent availability. In contrast to servers that are acquired on an hourly basis, managed cloud hosting is delivered in the form of monthly (or longer) contracts for businesses, which run enterprise-critical apps over long periods.
Managed cloud hosting is also known as managed cloud computing.
Techopedia explains Managed Cloud Hosting
Advantages of managed cloud hosting are as follows:
- Consistent availability: Designed on a high availability and private-cloud structure, it uses effective redundancy via its various servers, storage area network (SAN) and storage protection for reliable failover protection.
- Automated resource balancing and failover: If a host stops working, cloud servers are at an advantages due to their consistently available infrastructure. Failover and resource balancing between hardware hosts is automatically managed at the virtualization level, and it has the capability to manage and update software and hardware.
- Network security: Virtual local area networks (VLAN), protected firewalls and Intrusion Detection System (IDS)/Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) may be used in cloud servers to deliver a highly protected environment.
- Creates a hybrid of virtual and physical servers: Applications and database engines can share a dedicated network with cloud servers, resulting in the creation of virtual and physical servers on the same system.
- Affordable: The costs of a managed cloud are as effective as most public clouds. The resources and also the services are billed per usage.
Experts Share the Top Cloud Computing Trends to Watch for in 2017
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
The 4th Era of IT Infrastructure: Superconverged Systems:
Approaches and Benefits of Network Virtualization:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: