What Does xSP Mean?
xSP refers to any type of service that is provisioned, accessed and managed over the Internet. A broad term, xSP includes vendors that exclusively provide services via the Internet, regardless of physical location, backend infrastructure or other technological components.
Techopedia Explains xSP
An extensive concept, xSP is incorporated by different service providers that share a common delivery model - the Internet.
xSP is classified by various service providers, including the following:
- Application service provider (ASP)
- Cloud service provider (CSP)
- Hosting service provider (HSP)
- Internet service provider (ISP)
- Managed service provider (MSP)
- Storage service provider (SSP)
As a vendor or managed service provider, capital consumer expenses are not required to build and maintain an xSP service infrastructure. Solutions are available on demand and by subscription.