Enterprise Social Networking (ESN)
Definition - What does Enterprise Social Networking (ESN) mean?
Enterprise social networking (ESN) refers to the way an organization uses social media, social networking and similar technologies to connect to a broad range of business purposes, activities and processes.
Techopedia explains Enterprise Social Networking (ESN)
ESN is used to suit varied organizational purposes, including:
- Testing of innovative ways to connect with management, staff and customers/leads
- Enhancing employee or management collaboration
- Gathering staff feedback
- Providing data to individuals inside and outside an enterprise, empowering employees and promoting consumer loyalty
- Customizing brand strategy, visibility and support via social channels, like Facebook and its Open Graph
- Crowdsourcing new product development
- Launching campaigns or events traditionally handled by management