Electronics Disposal Efficiency (EDE)
Techopedia Explains Electronics Disposal Efficiency (EDE)
EDE was created by Green Grid to help organizations asses their disposal processes for electronic equipment. To calculate EDE, the total weight of the equipment that's being disposed of in a responsible way (such as through reuse or recycling) is divided by the total weight of all discarded equipment.
There are a range of options that Green Grid considers responsible, but most involve sending the electronic waste to an organization/entity that is certified and authorized to recycle or dispose of it properly.
- 5 Reasons Why Green IT Is Pure Gold for Business
- The Data Security Gap Many Companies Overlook
- Fintech’s Future: AI and Digital Assets in Financial Institutions
- Why You Should Ditch Your Project Management Tool for a Work OS
- The Best Practices for Managing Cloud Applications
- The Role of Knowledge Graphs in Artificial Intelligence