Big Data Management
Techopedia Explains Big Data ManagementBig data management allows a company to understand its customers better, develop new products and make important financial decisions based on the analysis of large amounts of corporate data.
Big data management involves various processes such as the following:
- Monitoring and ensuring the availability of all big data resources through a centralized interface/dashboard.
- Performing database maintenance for better results.
- Implementing and monitoring big data analytics, big data reporting and other similar solutions.
- Ensuring the efficient design and implementation of data life-cycle processes that deliver the hisghest quality results.
- Ensuring the security of big data repositories and control access.
- Using techniques such as data virtualization to reduce the volume of data and improve big data operations with faster access and less complexity.
- Implementing data virtualization techniques so that a single data set can be used by multiple applications/users simultaneously.
- Ensuring that data are captured and stored from all resources as desired.
- Can Big Data Save Health Care?
- Web Roundup: Big Data Is Winning the Hearts of Children, Lovers and Lawyers
- What Is Hadoop Exactly? A Cynic's Theory
- 10 Big Data Do's and Don'ts
- The 6 Things You Need to Get World-Changing Results with Data
- Privacy Issues in the New Big Data Economy