Data Center Infrastructure
Definition - What does Data Center Infrastructure mean?
Data center infrastructure refers to the core physical or hardware-based resources and components - including all IT infrastructure devices, equipment and technologies - that comprise a data center. It is modeled and identified in a design plan that includes a complete listing of necessary infrastructure components used to create a data center.
Techopedia explains Data Center Infrastructure
- Networking equipment, such as routers or switches
- Security, such as firewall or biometric security system
- Storage, such as storage area network (SAN) or backup/tape storage
- Data center management software/applications
- Power and cooling devices, such as air conditioners or generators
- Physical server racks/chassis
- Internet backbone
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
Free Whitepaper: The Path to Hybrid Cloud:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: