Data Center Design
Definition - What does Data Center Design mean?
Data center design is the process of modeling and designing a data center's IT resources, architectural layout and entire infrastructure. It enables the logical conception of a data center prior to development or implementation in an organization or IT environment.
Although data center is a broad term that includes various processes and techniques, a data center design may be in the form of documents, modeled diagram systems or a combination of both.
Techopedia explains Data Center Design
- Number and type of required servers
- Network layout and equipment
- Enterprise resource planning (ERP), customer relationship management (CRM), data center management or any other required software
- Physical facility that houses all equipment
- Data center power, cooling and ventilation systems
- Physical data center security, disaster recovery and business continuity planning.
The Top 3 Challenges for Implementing Public Cloud
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
The 4th Era of IT Infrastructure: Superconverged Systems:
Approaches and Benefits of Network Virtualization:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: