SQL Injection Tool
Definition - What does SQL Injection Tool mean?
A SQL injection tool is a tool that is used to execute SQL injection attacks. SQL injection is the attempt to issue SQL commands to a database via a website interface. This is to gain stored database information, including usernames and passwords. There are many different SQL injection tools available, which perform different techniques to exploit SQL injection vulnerabilities in webpages and web applications.
Pen testers and blackhat hackers both make use of these tools to execute privilege escalations, dump data and efficiently control sensitive databases.
Techopedia explains SQL Injection Tool
SQL injection tools trigger attacks to exploit the security vulnerability available in an application's database layer. Usually, databases comprise things such as (but are not limited to):
- Site content and themes
- Authentication credentials
- Other identification data of the users, such as the IP address
- Site configurations
- Communication between users inside the site
Some popular SQL injection tools are:
- Havij SQL Injection: A popular automated SQL injection tool that helps its users to detect and exploit SQL injection vulnerabilities found on webpages. The intuitive graphical user interface as well as automated detections and settings makes this tool ideal for even novice users.
- Pangolin: An automated SQL injection tool that capitalizes on the SQL injection vulnerabilities found in Web applications.
- The Mole: Another automated SQL injection exploitation tool that can detect and exploit the injection vulnerability by simply using a valid string and a vulnerable URL. The Mole uses either a boolean-query-based technique or the union technique to carry out the injection.
- SQLNinja: The main objective of SQL Ninja is to take advantage of the SQL injection vulnerabilities on Web applications that make use of Microsoft SQL Server as back end.
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
Free Whitepaper: The Path to Hybrid Cloud:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: