Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP)
Definition - What does Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP) mean?
A certified secure software lifecycle professional (CSSLP) is a vendor-neutral certification that tests, validates and certifies an individual’s ability in implementing security within a software development lifecycle.
It is developed, tested and maintained by the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium ((ISC)2). It is generally earned by individuals that manage or test software development.
Techopedia explains Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP)
CSSLP certifies individuals that implement secure techniques and processes in developing a software application. A CSSLP-certified individual can implement secure control, processes and policies throughout the development process. This helps in ensuring that the developed software has few or no security loopholes.
CSSLP certifications include the following focus areas:
- Secure software concepts
- Secure software requirements
- Secure software design
- Secure software implementation and coding
- Secure software testing
- Software acceptance
- Software development, operations, maintenance and disposal
- Supply chain and software acquisition
- International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC²)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- Certified Authorization Professional (CAP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Information Security (IS)
- IT Certification
- World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
- Security+ Certification
- Public Health Data Standards Consortium (PHDSC)
7 Tips For Selecting an Enterprise Mobile Device Management Solution
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
The 4th Era of IT Infrastructure: Superconverged Systems:
Approaches and Benefits of Network Virtualization:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: