HealthCare Information Security and Privacy Practitioner (HCISSP)
Definition - What does HealthCare Information Security and Privacy Practitioner (HCISSP) mean?
A HealthCare Information Security and Privacy Practitioner (HCISPP) is a professional who has earned a certification from the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC2) which identifies them as having expertise in key areas of knowledge regarding healthcare information, security and privacy.
Techopedia explains HealthCare Information Security and Privacy Practitioner (HCISSP)
ISC2 is a non-profit agency described as the world’s largest IT security organization.
As part of ISC2’s work in IT security, it has created the HealthCare Information Security and Privacy Practitioner certification to assist employers with industry conventions concerning privacy and security.
The HCISPP certification tests six 'domains’ including the healthcare regulatory environment, information governance and third-party risk management.
There are also job prerequisites attached to this certification, such as that the applicant must have worked for two years in a related position.
An HCISPP certification is part of an individual’s preparation for dealing with sensitive patient health information. The rationale behind offering this certification is that with new kinds of government regulations and complex healthcare IT resources, it makes sense to provide advanced testing for individuals who will be at the helm of directing IT strategy for healthcare oriented businesses.
- Healthcare Information And Management Systems Society (HIMSS)
- Meaningful Use (MU)
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Electronic Health Record (EHR)
- Health Information Technology For Economic And Clinical Health Act (HITECH Act)
- Personal Health Information (PHI)
- Health Insurance Portability And Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Certification Commission for Healthcare Information Technology (CCHIT)
- Health Information Exchange (HIE)
- HealthCare Information Security and Privacy Practitioner (HCISSP)
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
The 4th Era of IT Infrastructure: Superconverged Systems:
Approaches and Benefits of Network Virtualization:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: