Data Center Management Software
Definition - What does Data Center Management Software mean?
Data center management software is purpose-built software that provides insights into data center operations, performance and data center management task automation. It provides a centralized platform for accessing and managing data center infrastructure and services across a data center.
Data center management software is also known as data center infrastructure management software (DCIM software).
Techopedia explains Data Center Management Software
Key data center management software services include:
- Device information: Allows administrators to view brief or detailed information of each device (like a server, router or switch) in a data center
- Data center rooms and racks layout: Graphical overview of the current layout/map of the rooms and racks
- Cabling: How cable patches are organized in between different components, rooms and racks
- Power management: Enables viewing and control if the power and cooling in the data center
- Automating processes: Automates most or all administrative processes, such as scheduling and initiating device/data backups
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
The 4th Era of IT Infrastructure: Superconverged Systems:
Approaches and Benefits of Network Virtualization:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: