Data Center Interconnect
Definition - What does Data Center Interconnect mean?
Data center interconnect refers to the networking of two or more different data centers to achieve business or IT objectives. This interconnectivity between separate data centers enables them to work together, share resources and/or pass workloads between one another.
A data center interconnect is mainly accomplished using networking tools and techniques along with supported software and data center management processes.
Techopedia explains Data Center Interconnect
Some of the ways data center interconnect is used are:
- To connect multiple data centers within the same organization
- To connect partner/customer data centers with shared data and/or resources
- To allow for workload sharing, wherein some or the bulk of the processes are performed at the interconnected data center
- To poool data center resources to meet scalability needs
- To use an interconnected data center as a disaster recovery site
Top 6 Trends in Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
The 4th Era of IT Infrastructure: Superconverged Systems:
Approaches and Benefits of Network Virtualization:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: