Data Recovery Specialist
Definition - What does Data Recovery Specialist mean?
A data recovery specialist is an individual that has the technical and logical skills and experience to recover data from computer storage devices, equipment and/or information systems.
They are usually part of a technical support team, and can recover data lost or inaccessible due to technical or user error.
Techopedia explains Data Recovery Specialist
Data recovery specialists are well versed in recovering data from an array of devices and information systems, including:
- Internal and external hard disks
- Portable storage devices (flash, SD cards)
- Enterprise storage (SAN, NAS, RAID)
Data recovery specialists usually have an expert-level understanding of:
- File structures and systems
- Basic to advanced operations of hard disks
- Software and hardware troubleshooting
- Different OS recovery procedures (Windows, Linux, Mac)
Why Traditional Database Technology Fails to Scale
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
The 4th Era of IT Infrastructure: Superconverged Systems:
Approaches and Benefits of Network Virtualization:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: