What Does Network Troubleshooting Mean?
Network troubleshooting is the collective measures and processes used to identify, diagnose and resolve problems and issues within a computer network.
It is a systematic process that aims to resolve problems and restore normal network operations within the network.
Techopedia Explains Network Troubleshooting
Network troubleshooting is primarily done by network engineers or administrators to repair or optimize a network. It is generally done to recover and establish network or Internet connections on end nodes/devices.
Some of the processes within network troubleshooting include but are not limited to:
- Finding and resolving problems and establishing Internet/network connection of a computer/device/node
- Configuring a router, switch or any network management device
- Installing cables or Wi-Fi devices
- Updating firmware devices on router switch
- Removing viruses
- Adding, configuring and reinstalling a network printer
Network troubleshooting can be a manual or automated task. When using automated tools, network management can be done using network diagnostic software.