Website Monitoring Software
Definition - What does Website Monitoring Software mean?
Website monitoring software is a type of software that keeps track of the visitors, performance and operations of a website.
It enables website administrators to perform automated monitoring and tracking of the website activity, availability and overall performance.
Techopedia explains Website Monitoring Software
Website monitoring software primarily ensures that the website performs as expected and any problem is taken care of as it appears. The software is designed to:
- Keep track of and record website visitors including their geographic location
- Identify any suspicious activity that can affect website availability or performance
- Use specific protocols such as HTTP and SNMP to track uptime of the website
- Provide generic and granular-level insight and reporting services on a central interface
- Monitor website load (maximum number of simultaneous visitors and the threshold level)