What Does Business Continuity Plan (BCP) Mean?
A business continuity plan (BCP) is a plan to help ensure that business processes can continue during a time of emergency or disaster. Such emergencies or disasters might include a fire or any other case where business is not able to occur under normal conditions. Businesses need to look at all such potential threats and devise BCPs to ensure continued operations should the threat become a reality.
A business continuity plan involves the following:
- Analysis of organizational threats
- A list of the primary tasks required to keep the organization operations flowing
- Easily located management contact information
- Explanation of where personnel should go if there is a disastrous event
- Information on data backups and organization site backup
- Collaboration among all facets of the organization
- Buy-in from everyone in the organization