Data Protection Management (DPM)
Definition - What does Data Protection Management (DPM) mean?
Data protection management (DPM) is the management and monitoring of data backup and protection services of a computer network or IT environment.
It consists of tools, techniques and methodologies to ensure that the data protection and/or backup process is accomplished within the preferred environment/requirements/procedure.
Techopedia explains Data Protection Management (DPM)
DPM is primarily achieved through a combination of manual and automated data protection and backup processes. DPM is used by storage and/or network administrators to automate and govern the management and monitoring process of data protection and backup.
- Implementation and compliance of best data backup and protection techniques
- Access control, encryption and other security processes are applied on the backup data
- Infrastructure health and capacity
- Identifying technical and logical errors within the backup environment
- Ensures compliance with audit, S LA and other operational requirements