Data Center Hardware
Definition - What does Data Center Hardware mean?
Data center hardware is the collective IT and other hardware components that make up the entire data center infrastructure.
It is a term that collectively defines and includes functional and non-functional hardware devices and equipment necessary for the operations of a data center.
Techopedia explains Data Center Hardware
Typically, data center hardware includes:
- Core computing equipment such as:
- Server racks
- Network equipment including:
- Storage resources such as:
- Hard drives
- Tape drives
- Backup storage resources
- Power and cooling infrastructure (usually managed through HVAC software/system) including:
- Power generators
- Cooling towers
- Uninterrupted power supply system (UPS)
- Other input/output devices such as: