Definition - What does Computer Management mean?
Computer management is the process of managing, monitoring and optimizing a computer system for performance, availability, security and/or any base operational requirement.
It is broad term that includes manual and automated administrative processes in the operations of a computer.
Computer management is also known as PC management or desktop management.
Techopedia explains Computer Management
Computer management includes various tasks such as:
- Updating or patching a computer’s operating system with the latest updates and fixes
- Installing, configuring and executing anti-virus/anti-malware software on a computer to identify, remove and provide protection against malicious attacks
- Managing all components on the computer in relation to drivers, permissions and basic functioning
- Creating and managing users
- Troubleshooting hardware, software and/or network and Internet errors
- Using disk defragmentation and disk cleanup services to remove unnecessary data and improve disk response
- Enabling, disabling and optimizing startup and background applications to increase/maintain processing speed
Computer management is also a default system management feature within the Windows XP OS.
Join thousands of others with our weekly newsletter
Free Whitepaper: The Path to Hybrid Cloud:
Free E-Book: Public Cloud Guide:
Free Tool: Virtual Health Monitor:
Free 30 Day Trial – Turbonomic: