What Does Computer Management Software Mean?
Computer management software is a tool that can automate all or most of the management, maintenance and monitoring tasks of a computer.The tool can execute tasks and processes necessary to keep a computer running or operating in an optimal condition.
Computer management software is also known as PC or desktop management software.
Techopedia Explains Computer Management Software
Computer management software provides workflow/process automation and management services such as the following:
- Installing, updating and configuring the computer’s operating system with the latest updates/patches.
- Automating, scheduling and executing virus/malware/vulnerability scans on a computer.
- Identifying and troubleshooting hardware, software and/or network or connection errors.
- Monitoring, recording and reporting hardware/software/network/Internet usage statistics.
- Optimizing a computer system for speed/performance and/or responsiveness.
- Managing and updating device drivers and/or software applications.
- Providing remote access to a computer to an administrator or user.